8 Online Fundraising Tips:
- Don't be afraid to reach into the dusty pages of your contact lists. With a cause as important and large as our Down syndrome community, you never know who has a place in their heart for The Up Side of Downs.
- Write a first person email campaign. Displaying thoughtful and heartfelt wording will make the potential donor feel more connected to the cause. If you need help writing your letter, use our online sample letters as a guide.
- Put your name in the subject line title. This prevents any accidental deleting from potential donors.
- Personalize, Personalize, Personalize! Edit your personal web page by uploading a photo or yourself and posting a personal message.
- Cut your time in half by setting up an e-mail list. Import your contacts list, directly onto your NEO Buddy Walk personal page.
- Use your reminders. Make sure to send follow up e-mails and reminders for those who leave everything to the last minute.
- Track your donations and send a personalized Thank You! Track donations with our online tracking tool and send an immediate "Thank You" e-mail to each donor for their contribution.
- Utilize you're Facebook & Twitter. Social-networking sites are a great way to reach out to hundreds of contacts. Update your status, insert links in your profile and write a mass note to all of your friends!
8 Online Fundraising Tips - pdf
10 Easty Steps to An Effective Letter Campaign:
- Create a list of everyone you know. Don't forget those you write checks to - such as doctors, lawyers, accountants, insurance agents, etc.
- Directly state the goal of the letter (i.e. to raise funds for children with special needs)
- Be proactive and positive! Don't diminish your request by apologizing.
- Hand address the outside envelopes.
- Hand sign each letter with a short personal note to those you don't see regularly.
- If you are a volunteer, include information on a child you have met or an experience you had with The Up Side of Downs.
- Include a return envelope with your donation card to make it easy to send a donation to Up Side of Downs in your honor.
- Include your personal Northeast Ohio Buddy Walk web address. When you register make sure to create a personal walk or team address
- State that all donations are 100% tax deductible and that 100% of the profit goes towards the Up Side of Downs’ mission.
- Most importantly: put your heart into it! Share a personal story and tell them why the Up Side of Downs is important to you. When you exude passion, others can feel it too!
10 Easy Steps to An Effective Letter- pdf
Sample Personal Donation Letter - Zac Simon
Thank you for making such a difference